Little League Bat Information Spring 2018:
Little League Playing rules and League Age Chart:
FALL LEAGUE is instructional and therefore we do NOT hold EVALUATIONS: Evaluations are held for the SPRING season only.
All divisions practice twice a week until games start. Just one practice a week when games start.
The season consists of 12-14 games (depending on weather) this Spring season. The times are evenings during the week and Saturday mornings.
There are four little league fields at Veterans Park located at 555 Halyburton Memorial Pkwy., Wilmington, NC, 28412. and 3 fields at Myrtle Grove Middle School Click Here For Directions to Veterans Park.
How Can I Get Involved?:
There are three main ways you can be involved:
- Coach: We are always looking for coaches that desire to encourage and improve youth through baseball. We hope to build a team of coaches that are passionate about giving our kids a positive sports experience. If interested, please contact our office by email at email@example.com
- Volunteer: Wilmington Little League is looking to add to their team of volunteers. Specifically, we are looking for dedicated people to help with field maintenance, fundraising, and overall marketing of our programs.
- Sponsorship: Over the years we have had very generous sponsors. We hope to build our sponsorship base in order to adequately fund our programs and provide scholarships for children who need financial assistance in order to play in our program. Sponsoring a team is a huge blessing to the program each season.
So What Is So Different About Us…
- Build your Team: In our Tball division, coaches are allowed to their full team of 8. Machine Pitch and up, coaches are allowed to build their own teams up to 5 players. The remaining slots will be filled with “at large” players or through the evaluation system rules.
- During the Fall instructional league we spread out the players, not necessarily based on their Spring affiliations.
- Free Clinics: Extra coaching is available on several Saturdays in the Fall for specific positions and skills.
- Smaller teams in TEE BALL: Tee ball teams have a maximum of nine players so that every player is playing an infield position. We install a temporary fence along the perimeter of the infield to shorten the field.
- 13 year olds: Little League is setup to allow 13 yr olds to get the best experience before playing against 14 and 15 year olds. Intermediate League (11-13 yr olds) plays on a 50 ft mound, 70 ft base path, with open bases. Perfect transition for those players transitioning from 46/60 to a Middle school field.
* TEAM PARITY
We have learned that it is important to keep parity within the teams of a division. When teams are allowed to fully build their squad it can create an unbalanced environment, if not monitored. Our staff reserves the right to enforce “spreading out the talent” (this means that we may require strong groupings of players to form 2 separate teams).
If you have questions about the ability to build a team up to 5 players, please contact us.
How Much Does It Cost:
Registration for Divisions (Tee Ball through Intermediate) –